Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration.
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines. Please use the template for a consistent lay out.
- The submission file is in OpenOffice, Microsoft Word, or RTF document file format.
- Where available, URLs for the references have been provided.
Accounting & Finance
This section has an interest in quantitative and qualitative research that shows the motives for, and impacts and implications of (un)sustainability in the field of Accounting and Finance in a broad sense. Impacts and implications for management and stakeholders, and both financial and non-financial consequences may be considered. Examples of topics considered by this section include, but are not limited to: investment decisions and investment funds; corporate CSR/ESG policies and decision making; corporate boards; corporate governance; financial and sustainability reporting practices, etc.
Entrepreneurship & Innovation
This section includes a variety of perspectives on entrepreneurship and innovation in relation to sustainability. Regarding entrepreneurship, focus is set on social and sustainable value creation, from an individual, organizational and network (societal) perspective. Both entrepreneurship and innovation go hand in hand with sustainability. The following themes and topics are invited:
- At the individual level: development of individual entrepreneurial skills and competences related to sustainability;
- At the organizational level: blended value and hybrid impact approaches (creating social, economic and environmental value); sustainability innovation; business model innovation (e.g. social business models; sustainable business models)
- At the network level: the social role of entrepreneurship; collaboration and stakeholder involvement for sustainable and social entrepreneurship; measuring impact of sustainable entrepreneurship and innovation on society
Marketing & Supply Chain Management
Regarding marketing, papers focusing on sustainable/green/ethical and critical marketing are invited. Different topics are foreseen, such as: Dark side of marketing/management (from a critical management perspective); Sustainability segmentation studies; Customer perspectives; Etc.
Regarding supply chain management, the following sub-topics are invited: Ethical and sustainable sourcing; Buyer-supplier relationships in sustainability context; Green/sustainable/ethical purchasing and supply management; Elements of closed loops and circular business models in relation to supply chain management.
Learning & Education
This section focuses on a variety of topics in the field of learning and education in light of sustainability. The section includes all types of learning in formal, informal and non-formal settings, as well as individual and organizational learning. Contributions regarding educational/pedagogical approaches (e.g. individual sustainability competences; assessment), as well as managerial papers (e.g. organizational learning; strategic sustainability integration; etc.) are welcomed.
Human Resource Management
This section will welcome contributions in the field of HR related to the development of new and sustainable employment relations, fostering sustainable careers, and sustainable policies and practices within, between, and overarching organizations. Studies that are related to creating a more sustainable management of human resources in particular, as well as, and aligned to, creating more sustainable business models in general. In addition to this positive approach, research related to insights in and preventing of work-related harm towards people, and transforming unsustainable practices and outcomes are relevant as well. Multidisciplinary approaches are especially welcomed.